Thursday 14 June 2012

Huge swap parcel round up...

As you probably have noticed by now, I love swaps. I love gathering together and making goodies that I think my partners will like, and must also be said that there is nothing  more exciting than receiving a special parcel full of  surprises! Every time it feels like Christmas.

I have been busy lately with lots of lovely swaps and have received lots of beautiful things.

Here goes ...



The God Save the Queen Swap hosted by Lynda at Hookin' With Laalaa

I was partnered with the lovely Heather at The Patchwork Heart.
Heather is extremely talented, she makes such beautiful gifts and goodies, pop over and say Hi if you've not met Heather before, she's well worth a visit!

Here is what I received ...


... All beautifully wrapped in shining red and blue wrap, with ribbons and bows.
Heather's handmade bunting, rag wreath and a pretty flower pin badge.
Some yummy chocs (they didn't even make the picture..oops), a union jack memo pad, pack of bunting/UJ themed cards, UJ napkins (which we used for our jubilee picnic) and Official emblem teatowels!!!

I was utterly spoilt by Heather and am extremely grateful. She put in so much effort. I can't thank her enough.

I sent ....

A handmade (although I confess not by me!) blue and white apron, my handmade notelets and gift tags, a tea party brooch (made by me), a tin of red/white/blue straws, bunting socks, jubilee stamp, UJ notebooks, some sweeties and a UJ card I made.

I really enjoyed this swap and Heather was such a lovely partner.

***************************************************************************



Next up was the Pincushion swap hosted by Rach at House of Pinheiro

I was partnered with Jenny at The String Empire

Both Rach and Jenny have really inspiring blogs, go on... say Hello!

Here's what I sent ...




A crocheted strawberry pincushion (by me), colourful pins, a sewn card and a mini sewing set.
Wrapped in pink candy stripes.

And I received the cutest Watermelon pincushion from Jenny and a really lovely letter.


It's funny how we both decided to go for a fruity theme! Great minds think alike!
Thanks Jenny for being a lovely partner for this swap.

***************************************************************************


And finally last but not least. I joined the "Free for all" Swap hosted by Beki.
I was partnered with sweet Rae at Felt By Rae.
Rae's is one of my favourite blogs and I have been lucky enough to be partnered with her before in a Afternoon Tea swap.
I thought I would have a good idea of what she liked. I hope I got it right!

I sent...

...
A cupcake recipe book and bun cases, some of my handmade notelets and gift tags, a crocheted lavender heart and handmade knitted brooch, a "mousey" sewing kit, iron on embroidered patches, a wind chime for Rae to decorate, some button earrings and ring I made, a Laura Ashley teddy and some sweeties.
All wrapped with a bit of a pink theme. 

Here is what I received ...


... I had mentioned to Rae that I had a wedding to go to soon and I knew she made awesome fasinators! Now I have one of my own! It's totally gorgeous, with feathers, netting, silver roses with pearls inside. I really love it , my photos don't do it justice, perhaps I'll have to model it for you!
I also received lots of bright, colourful yarn, some handy storage boxes for the craft room, bun cases, magnetic picture frames (what a great idea!), sweet treats, and a  Britian badge and snap cards (for my little monster!) 

How lucky am I?!?!?
Thank you Rae. xx

***************************************************************************

Phew that was a biggy!
Be back soon.

P.S I will be closing the Jar Of Love Swap early, so if your interested, join up now before you miss out!

Love Katie xxxx



14 comments:

  1. Oooh lovely bits and bobs in there! I love swaps, I've been so busy this year I've not signed up to any but I have signed up for Lynda's latest swap and really looking forward to it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful gitfts! I have been putting a swap parcel together today and this has given me a few ideas to add to it. I always love packaging it up creatively too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you like your goodies - I was so excited when you asked for a fascinator as they are my current most favourite thing to make!

    I adore all of my goodies from you, the notelets are both adorable and incredibly useful - I get through loads! And Fleur my pretty bear is already bringing me luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Katie - you have been a busy girl! Love what you sent and what you received - I think you all have been very spoilt, just lovely!

    Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, your title is so apt. What a lot of beautiful things sent and received x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many wonderful items!

    I've nominated you for the Sunshine Award. The details are on the June 14th post of my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic swaps... I'm so glad you had a lovely time x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow they are amazing swaps! They look like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow such fun swap goodies!!! I was in the same pin cushion swap and cannot wait to receive my swap!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous things you received and sent. Really looking forward to the Jar of Love Swap. Have a great weekend XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Katie, thanks for popping by my blog - ooh yours look lovely I am going to have a good nosy through xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some really great swaps Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous selection of goodies - I really enjoyed poring over the photos and doing a bit of virtual swapping!

    ReplyDelete